Although a manager needs many skills to succeed, the ability to communicate and engage effectively with others is number one. People who know how to actively listen, give feedback constructively, coach, grow and support their team achieve greater commercial outcomes time and again.
Introducing Coaching Skills for Managers
Coaching Skills for Managers was created in direct response to requests for managers to improve their people engagement skills and style. All participants will:
- Learn the fundamentals of coaching
- Realise the benefits of coaching to create high performing teams and cultures
- Practice effective interpersonal skills that can be applied immediately
- Engage in feedback and reflection to enhance self-awareness
Who should attend?
This program is designed for people with management experience who want to improve the way they lead and develop others.
From a broader perspective, the program helps organisations realise the potential of their leaders and learn how to engage, attract and retain the best people.
Training program objectives
Participants will understand and learn how to:
- Acknowledge their coaching strengths, gaps and goals
- Apply simple models of coaching to different situations
- Develop listening skills for coaching presence
- Apply powerful incisive questioning
- Build staff responsibility and improve performance
- Plan and undertake a coaching session
Training program structure and duration
Coaching Skills for Managers is a two-day program. The two days may be consecutive – but are ideally one week apart. That said, we aim to be as flexible as possible to meet different organisations’ needs and schedules.
During the program, participants will also work together and share ideas on real situations to help them apply their skills immediately back into the workplace.