People are often promoted into leadership roles because of their success as a team member or for their strong technical ability. But to become an effective leader, you need an entirely different set of skills. In other words: ‘What got you here will not necessarily get you there.’
Introducing Finding the Leader Within
Centred on contemporary research from global thought-leaders, our Finding the Leader Within program empowers leaders to rise to their new role by giving them the essential skills and confidence to:
- Take more calculated risks
- Learn from their own experience in collaboration with others
This program also explores management fundamentals for identifying and developing your leadership style.
Who should attend?
Although this program is designed for new managers who need to increase skills and confidence as a leader, it is also a popular choice for experienced managers looking to improve their performance.
Participants will understand and learn how to:
- Acknowledge their values, strengths and potential derailers as a leader
- Delegate strategically to empower and grow people
- Build strong and trusting stakeholder relationships
- Manage resistance and change
- Manage their own and others’ emotions
- Give feedback and manage under-performance
- Handle tough conversations
Training program structure and duration
Finding the Leader Within is not an off-the-shelf solution. It is a customised two-day program followed by group and one-on-one coaching. This second component will help participants transfer and embed their learning for maximum return on investment.
During the program, participants will also work together and share ideas on real situations to help them apply their skills immediately in the workplace.